Friday, October 03, 2008

A Poem by Danielle Locario: My Downfall

Happy Birthday, Dani..

Oct. 3,1983 - Sept. 21, 2008

My Downfall

I don't remember what started it all.
It's tough to identify my own downfall.
Of all the days I look back and see
I still can't identify, why it wasn't meant to be.
At the time I was so blinded by a mistake
An error that would soon control my own fate.
A destiny that was choreographed by God.
A plan that was forever mapped in the stars.
He hurt me so bad, that time in the past.
The evidence, my pain, I thought it would last.
How did I come to choose him, I still do not know.
That lying, conniving cheat, I met long ago.
Was it entirely my fault, that tragic escapade?
These moments so clear, and now they have begun to fade.
I learned a valuable lesson that time long ago.
It ended in my downfall, this I now know.
It started a show, a small time drama.
Soon it matriculated to a full blown soap opera.
There are still a few shadows, but I can now hide the shame.
That time in the dark, the moment of pain.

WE'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU, DANI. GOD BLESS YOU FOREVER..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home